Monday, June 28, 2010

The Beginning of a New Adventure

Well, I leave for Cape Town, South Africa today! Its going to be a loooonnnggg two days. First I believe a 7 hour flight to Amsterdam, 4 1/2 hour layover, and then I think a 13 hour (maybe less) flight to Cape Town. I'm all stocked up on books, magazines, and of course candy and snacks to help make the flight go by faster. I can't wait! I'm nervous but still very excited.
Just wanted to say thank you to all of my family and friends who helped me get here. I promise to keep you all updated with my travels and teachings in South Africa.

ps. I think I figured out how to set it so you can post comments without having a profile.. so someone try it out! Just make sure you write your name so I know who you are! Otherwise, you might have to make a profile if you want to post a comment, but it is pretty easy to do!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie! Miss you already,But I am soooo excited for you! Can't wait to hear about EVERYTHING you do!!! I was watching a virtual plane of your flight while you were going over the ocean...I'll probably be asleep while you are traveling toward Cape town, but I will check in on you in the morning...happy trails!!!
    Love you!...Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!!! I wish I could of went on a study abroad :( Hope you have lots of fun!!! Post pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. I hope you had a great trip. Can't wait to read your blog in the coming days.
    Love
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete