Saturday, June 12, 2010

And the count down begins!

Hello everyone! Just getting my blog set up for my trip to South Africa! As you are probably aware, I am participating in a Cross-Cultural Teaching Abroad in South Africa this summer through MSU. I leave June 29th and will return back the the U.S. August 12th. I will use this blog to keep my friends and family updated about my adventures while I am there.

Currently I am (impatiently) counting down the days (17) until I leave! Watching the world cup on TV is only making me more anxious to go.

While I am there I am looking forward to many things including: traveling, observing/teaching in a classroom, living with my host mom/mentor teacher, bungy jumping (sorry Mom), shark cage diving, and ostrich riding. I am very excited to experience a new culture and learn a lot about myself and others.

I'm not sure of my internet connection while I am in South Africa, but I will update my blog as often as I can!

ps. send me addresses! I will send post cards if I can!

2 comments:

  1. eeeee!!!! you are going to have so much fun! be safe!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing!!! Such awesome news, Sam! Dave and I hope you have a wonderful time in South Africa! What an AWESOME experience!
    Love, Colleen and Dave

    ReplyDelete